Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Opinion: Dear So-and So Worker:

Dear So-and-So Worker:
It was nice of you to call me back after I sent an e-mail, phone call, and text message to you. I insist that people I know reply to me when I contact them; it's the right thing to do. Of course, I would prefer that the person I contact is happy to hear from me and makes plans to get together with me. In your case, I didn't get what I wanted. You said you were too busy for me, even to chat on the phone. Perhaps one day, you will realize that you're not too busy.

You are a coward for not organizing yourself and fellow workers at the place you work into a union and for being an obstructionist to others in your group. If you don't join a union, you will suffer in your work life with lesser pay, poorer working conditions, and longer hours. Now you may think you're having fun at work because you're not raising a family or have your expenses provided for you. Good luck. I will not contact you again. The IWW union can only assist workers who feel the need for it and I have no reason to talk with you if you have no use for the IWW. When you do realize organizing a union will help your work life, contact me and I'll be happy to assist you. Until then,

Solidarity,
David T.

No comments:

Post a Comment